Release Train Engineer
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and coach for Agile teams or Agile Release Train (ART). The RTE’s major responsibilities are to facilitate the ART events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value. RTEs communicate with stakeholders, facilitate processes and execution, escalate impediments, manage risk, ensure value delivery, and drive relentless improvement. They help educate the teams ensuring that the agreed Agile processes are being followed. They also help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement. They focus on providing the support needed by the teams to be self-organizing and self-managing. They spend time helping other team members communicate, coordinate, and cooperate; generally, this person assists the team in meeting their delivery goals.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance Level
Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph (BI current if not active)
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Potentially Yes, estimated up to 25% of the time
Job Schedule: Full-time
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART using various tools
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for GEOINT Services Increments and Events
- Facilitate Scrum of Scrum meetings, team demos, Increment Planning events, and other periodic synchronization meetings
- Create and manage the overall Division vision, roadmap, and backlog
- Summarize Team Increment objectives into high level Increment objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency
- Assist tracking the execution of Epics, Features and capabilities
- Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Agile practices and mindsets
- Help manage risks and dependencies
- Escalate and track impediments
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Encourage collaboration between teams and System Architects/Engineering
- Work with management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Improve the flow of value through value streams by improving and assessing the DevOps and Release on Demand competency
- Five plus years experience with Agile tasks described above
- Three plus years working Agile projects within the Amazon Web Service (AWS) environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Ten years’ experience in Information Technology or related project development from inception to deployment.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Understanding of DevSecOps
- Experience with JIRA