Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer
The Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer will work across Cloud Ops, Security, Development, allowing for the vision of developers being able to quickly deploy applications that end users can immediately use.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance Level
Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph (BI current if not active)
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Potentially Yes, estimated up to 25% of the time
Job Schedule: Full-time
- Evangelize methodologies for building and operating highly available, scalable services.
- Provide assistance in reducing and resolving production incidents (e.g. Site Reliability Engineering).
- Look for opportunities to improve all operations processes.
- Evaluate, build and modify automation for deploying and operating production services.
- Create, assess, update and maintain documentation pertaining to Product Lines.
- Develop and design elastic, resilient and self-healing Cloud native applications
- Crafting excellent documentation for respective projects and carrying ownership for the code and the instructional tutorials of how to use it.
- Work with team members to design, architect and implement solutions across geographic locations.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Five plus years’ experience with AWS cloud services.
- Ten years’ experience finding and fixing critical, customer facing production issues.
- Experience in the development of object-oriented software with languages like Java, C++, Python or Ruby ideally in SOA applications.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Understanding of industry standards for building services in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS in Cloud environments.
- In depth experience with modern container orchestration systems: Kubernetes, Mesos, DC/OS, Swarm.
- Understanding of DevSecOps
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
- Knowledge of APIs and RESTful services
- Experience with different databases, including working knowledge of SQL, relational data stores.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration and automations processes and tools: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Fabric.
- Experience with security in the cloud: Intrusion, penetration, and vulnerability scanning.
- Experience with monitoring solutions: ELK, Splunk, SUMO, Nagios, Prometheus.
- Good working knowledge of build automation and continuous integration/delivery ecosystem: Git, Gerrit, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus
- Two years’ demonstrated experience in Site Reliability Engineering functions.